Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Color Theory presents Depeche Mode update

Agree? Yes No

Just to avoid confusion:
    The "Mode and Theory" comment Brian refers to above is from the other thread in which comments on this album were made, specifically the comment by Mark N. of Cosmicity: "When all is said and done, I think Color Theory's put out a first class collection for Mode and Theory fans alike. (Doesn't "Mode and Theory" sound like a cool album name? If only I'd thought of it in time to suggest it to him!) "
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Thanks Jason! I've got the baby for 24 hours straight and my head's not quite screwed on. It would be a lot easier if I could just do the Zen thing and let go of all my expectations, such as the expectation that I'll do anything productive while watching the baby.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Color Theory
    Thanks Jason! I've got the baby for 24 hours straight and my head's not quite screwed on. It would be a lot easier if I could just do the Zen thing and let go of all my expectations, such as the expectation that I'll do anything productive while watching the baby.
    Pull out the pump in style and work on his rhythm skills...

(giggling) I DON'T BELIEVE you beat me to the punch with that... I was going to sample my wife's pump for Tom Sawyer and never got around to it.

Dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

These are the best DM covers I have ever heard by far.

Agree? Yes No

Default Color Theory's Depeche Tribute album

Ok, I'm going to step out on a limb here and just say that my favorite that I've heard from the CD is Ponytail Girl. The whole time I was listening I was thinking how much better the album would have been if all that dope programming was for originals. You've got mad skills, no question, and a voice like melting chocolate. On our way to see dM for this last Exciter tour, I put it on a compilation for me and my girl to listen to on the way there, and that was when I thought that it was a Gore song. That one and Don't Get There was the other we thought was Mode. I love your original stuff!!! Anyway, job well done, now give us some new Color Theory, QUICKLY!!!!!!

James MODvox
    Let me hear you make decisions
    Without your television

Agree? Yes No

Default Re: Color Theory's Depeche Tribute album

Originally posted by MODvox
    Ok, I'm going to step out on a limb here and just say that my favorite that I've heard from the CD is Ponytail Girl. The whole time I was listening I was thinking how much better the album would have been if all that dope programming was for originals. You've got mad skills, no question, and a voice like melting chocolate. On our way to see dM for this last Exciter tour, I put it on a compilation for me and my girl to listen to on the way there, and that was when I thought that it was a Gore song. That one and Don't Get There was the other we thought was Mode. I love your original stuff!!! Anyway, job well done, now give us some new Color Theory, QUICKLY!!!!!!

James MODvox
    I suggest picking up some early Color Theory if you don't already have it. The songs and programming Life's Fairytale is awesome... it's sort of like Synthpop meets Suburban California Folk... (as opposed to folk written by Train jumping hobos) Some great tunes!! There's also a remix by Cosmicity on there for a song that was acoustic on the previous album (can't remember its name). Anyways, the remix is so effective.... it's a completely new arrangment but it keeps the song structure in place... really makes the song.

This entire scene doesn't talk enough about this band... Brian's one of the best talents we have by a far stretch. (Not to take anything away from anyone else but it seems sometimes like CT is overlooked and the songwriting alone is too good for that)

Dave

Agree? Yes No

Amen!

Check out any of Ctheory's albums... even the first one has great songwriting.
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the recommendations!

James MODvox
    Let me hear you make decisions
    Without your television

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by MODvox
    Thanks for the recommendations!

James MODvox
    hey, no problem, brian pays us...

oops..

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by cliffwalk

hey, no problem, brian pays us...

oops..
    hey, where is my check??????? lol

Agree? Yes No

I should really launch an affiliate program.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Maybe I have'nt heard yet, but are you going to put out an album of originals anytime soon? Like your style man.

Agree? Yes No

I'm not even thinking about the next album yet. Honestly, I've worked blood, sweat, and tears into every album, but just haven't followed through quite enough on the promotion. Nobody can knock me for trying though. I've experimented with a lot of creative and wild ideas, like promoting Perfect Tears through personal ads.

I really need to focus on marketing this release until I sell off this first pressing (just to break even - it was extremely expensive).

My crazy daydream scenario is that a buzz builds around this release and encourages sales of my back catalog. Then one by one, my old albums go out of print, so I release a 6 CD box set: my first 5 albums plus a CD of rarities. All re-mastered from scratch.

Told you it was crazy!
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by Color Theory
    I'm not even thinking about the next album yet. Honestly, I've worked blood, sweat, and tears into every album, but just haven't followed through quite enough on the promotion. Nobody can knock me for trying though. I've experimented with a lot of creative and wild ideas, like promoting Perfect Tears through personal ads.

I really need to focus on marketing this release until I sell off this first pressing (just to break even - it was extremely expensive).

My crazy daydream scenario is that a buzz builds around this release and encourages sales of my back catalog. Then one by one, my old albums go out of print, so I release a 6 CD box set: my first 5 albums plus a CD of rarities. All re-mastered from scratch.

Told you it was crazy!
    is that before or after you do letterman?

Agree? Yes No

Just before. Letterman invites me on the show to promote the box set. Courtney Cox is the guest right after me, and holds my hand during her entire interview.
    Brian.

11th Records Mastering
    www.11threcords.com

Color Theory
    www.colortheory.com

Agree? Yes No

I'm sorry, I did'nt want to sound like I was putting the pressure on. Take a well deserved break (Cancun? Bahamas?) and congrats on the new album! It is a work of art man!

Agree? Yes No

Here's hoping that "crazy" dream comes true (if nothing else for the bonus disc of rarities!)
    www.synthpop.net

Thread Information