Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: off mp3.com to soundclick.com

Agree? Yes No

Default off mp3.com to soundclick.com

I am planning to get off mp3.com. $5/month is not worth it. mp3.com streaming is totally broken. My listeners are exposed to annoying banners. It seems like soundclick.com is the best bet.
    It is totally free and no approval process. How many of you are at soundclick.com?
    www.myspace.com/pswk
    www.popstarwhokills.com (ElectroRock)
    www.myspace.com/youngjoon (Breaks)
    www.myspace.com/grep (IDM)
    www.myspace.com/requiemnoise (Industrial)

\"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.\"
    - Pablo Picasso

\"The world only goes round by misunderstanding.\"
    - Charles Baudelaire

\"It is quality, not quantity.\"

\"why is it feel like a greatful dead show here? like that hippe that constantly talks about one band and how they changed their lives.\"

PLEASE NO MORE \"I am a robot music.\" You are not a robot. Learn to program better like human beings.\"

Electro is House music. If you don\'t like House music, please don\'t put down Electro, because it is trendy to say it. It might suprise you that Electro and House music were invented by Gay Black Americans in the mid 80s. They weren\'t invented by the beatless people who like to coin new trendy phrases.

I am so tired of \"I want to be Depeche Mode or Erasure for the last 25 years.\" I hope I am not the only one. 25 years is a quarter of century and about a 1/3 of human life. If a person spends a 1/3 of his or her life having the same tastes, I don\'t know if that person acquired enough information to have an interesting life or has a problem understanding he or she is no longer a teenager.

So called artists who never change, why do you call yourself an artist again?

Lead ElectroGardener KissTheStar's Avatar

Agree? Yes No

yeah damn MP3 dot com was down almost all weekend too.

Agree? Yes No

I'm on soundclick, also on besonic.com. I like besonic.com better, but there is an approval process. Soundlick might have improved since I was there last...their main problem was I'd loose DNS info for them, like their authoritative DNS box was bouncing a lot...

Humble suggestion would be not to leave mp3.com alltogether, simply because of the traffic they get. Maybe just go to the free service and have 3 songs up, and point listeners to soundlick?

Agree? Yes No

Maybe check out IUMA or Mp3.com.au That seems to be where the most of my friends have migrated to. I wouldn't delete mp3.com, just leave it at the 3 free songs and be done with it.
    hEADaCHE of CEOXiME
    headaque@yahoo.com
    www.ceoxime.com

Agree? Yes No

Yea, i did the same switch a few months ago (about 4) and haven't looked back.
    Not only is it more user friendly for myself, as the one putting the info up there, but people who go to my site
    don't have to wade through ads for Lenny Kravitz or sign up for mp3.com's newsletter. Plus, the stats are split out better.

I haven't had any problems, so far.
    Subliminal Self news and updates at:
    www.subliminalself.com

Agree? Yes No

I have an old song up on mp3.com just to keep a page there but I would never pay to be there. www.electronicscene.com I would pay for, since they allow deeplinking. Ampcast was good for a while and still is ok - their CD program is nice but they get little traffic and seem to be spiraling downward of late.

Agree? Yes No

Default Ampcast

I'll agree with the Ampcast bit. My membership expires this month...and I'm just going to let it. I've got 3 tracks up at MP3.com and one on electronicscene. I contacted them about getting a paid account but never heard back from them. I'd sign up for Electrogarden's premium services if they weren't so expensive...but this is really your target audience (for the most part) so it is "almost" worth the price. There's just so much trash anywhere you go that listeners have to wade through...it makes finding good music very difficult. There needs to be a site that only approves quality music and has an internal staff of electronic industry pros to handle that. If there was such an elite site available, and not a free for all, it would definitely attract more listeners.

At this point, I think I'm just going to host MP3's from my own website since I've got more than enough space to do it. I'll check out the other aforementioned sites too. Thanks guys!

Cheerz,
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

Well, I just got a message that mp3.com will be shutting down. So it really seems like the right time to be leaving it.

Agree? Yes No

Ive had to no.3s there much better than a lot of other places at the minute
    music for deviant boy\'s and girls f**k playing master and servent\'s
    this is the new s**t

http://www.thethoughtcriminals.com

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by ElevatedSteve
    Well, I just got a message that mp3.com will be shutting down. So it really seems like the right time to be leaving it.
    I thought that the message had read that C|Net had bought out mp3.com, not that they were shutting down....

Man, you guys badmouth Ampcast, but they keep on keeping on....
    ====
    DAVID VESEL -- synthetic music for humans
    On the Electrogarden Network
    Official Web Site
    Your mileage may vary.

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by David Vesel

I thought that the message had read that C|Net had bought out mp3.com, not that they were shutting down....

Man, you guys badmouth Ampcast, but they keep on keeping on....
    Hello David,

I don't think anyone is "badmouthing" AmpCast...at least that wasn't my intention. The fact of the matter (for me) is that there are far too many amatures there for me to want to be involved. In addition, it seems that there are some "artists" there that abuse the rating system to move up the "charts". I've seen an increase in "1" ratings on my material that seem to be part of a campaign to squash me. The other reason is that I saw very little, to no traffic from AmpCast to my homepage....and NO increase in CD sales from it. So...with all of those disadvantages (for me) I've decided to cancel my account. I wouldn't pay for MP3.com's service either. I WOULD pay for a service that was selective in the content they hosted, and focused EXCLUSIVELY on the electronic music genres. There is still so much crap here at Electrogarden that I wouldn't pay for this service either. So, I guess I'll just do it all from midihead.com...time for a site re-design.

Dave, AmpCast is great for unsigned artists trying to get a leg up...please don't get me wrong. For a signed artist like myself, it seems that some unsigned artists want to sabatoge you for it.

Cheerz,

-Midihead
    Midihead/Monolithic
    midihead.com

Agree? Yes No

Don't mind me Mike I'm just tired. Been working on this damned track all day trying to make the deadline.

Actually, as things would have it, Ampcast abolished their charts recently. Pretty much for the reasons you discussed.

And I understand your point of view on this. I wasn't singling you out.
    ====
    DAVID VESEL -- synthetic music for humans
    On the Electrogarden Network
    Official Web Site
    Your mileage may vary.

Thread Information