Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jupiter's Weekly Question: What is Something Shocking or Unexpected About You?

Agree? Yes No

Never got quite there. I was being groomed for going into college and then the majors, but I found art instead. Thanks for your regards. It's been a while, but still very weird.

Agree? Yes No

Well, the arts always need good--uh--ball handlers...
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

(Ah, well, since this nice thread is still floating around, what else can I dig up?)

I've been to jail, had a terrible addiction to speed and cocaine, and haven't talked to my father in a decade.

(There, now, I feel better..)
    \"The things you own end up owning you.\"

Agree? Yes No

Strasser--it could be worse--you could have been addicted to jail!

Now you are addicted to us here in the garden!
    We\'re no longer as thick as thieves

HOLD FAST

Agree? Yes No

HA! Can;t be that bad of an addiction, can it? :-)

Agree? Yes No

Okay...this is so lame, but...
    Am I the only one here who feels calm and vaguely comforted by Strasser's avatar?
    \"People say, You must have been the class clown. And I say, No, I wasn\'t. But I sat next to the class clown, and I studied him.\"

Agree? Yes No

I love the rain so.
    It reminds me of my first kiss.
    It was in the shower.
    LOLOL!

In all seriousness, menstruella; I love the rain, and no, you aren't the only one.

Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Isn't that Rutger Hauer from Blade Runner? I think that;s my favorite film. SO hard to nail just 1 down. But I think BR would be it. That ending scene is ¤¤¤¤ing brilliant and so sad

Agree? Yes No

Alright, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out something to post in this thread that is shocking, but 'not run away screaming' shocking.

During my younger, wilder years I tried a little experiment to see how far I could push my sanity. The whole thing started in NYC, but I will jump half way through the story for convience. So I was at a diner at 3 in the morning, minding my own business, eating a salad and drinking coffee. There is a cop sitting a few rows down from me and he keeps staring at me. Well for some stupid reason I was compelled to nod to him. Yes, I am an idiot! Next I went to the bathroom and when I came back he was gone. A few moments later the watress jokes to a young couple behind me about how they did something wrong and the cops are here for them. Time to leave! I get up and pay my bill to see that 4 cop cars are blocking all of the exits for the diner parking lot. I sneak out behind a group of college kids and run into the woods where I wonder around for about 4 hours with a hand held audio recorder (which I kept ranting into) and a stuffed animal tiger that made noise when you squeezed him. I came back in the morning covered in mud, got to my car (no cops around) and went home.

What is the experiment you ask? I had taken 23 hits of acid at once and wanted to record everything that I said. Three days later I listened to the tape and destroyed it at once. It was pure madness and I had to make sure that noone else ever heard it.

As for the cop, he must have seen the dialation of my pupals and called for back-up waiting to catch me driving away.

Most friends that know me from back in the day wonder how I ever got through it all alive and the people that I tell now think that I am making it up. But like I said before, I was quite the lunatic when I was younger.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

one is the only real number

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    \"Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 28 years\"

Agree? Yes No

Great story Jonna!, now I'm totally curious what you said on the tape. Hey, don't sweat it, we ALL have skeletons in the closet. That was creepy and exciting to read though, although I don't know how you could've been eating a salad on acid! The lettuce must've tasted like strips of warm football leather! Either way, glad you're alive to tell about it. Whew!

Agree? Yes No

I agree with you conditioner, Blade Runner is a masterpiece. And that scene at the end where he says, "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears, in rain" is just breathtakingly sad. Time to watch it again.

Agree? Yes No

23 HITS OF ACID???

JEEBUS.. you're lucky you can form sentences... wow

dave
    If you\'re reading this, you have a tiny penis.

Agree? Yes No

>>Isn't that Rutger Hauer from Blade Runner?

Yes. Awesome flick. :-)

>>I had taken 23 hits of acid at once

Jesus H. Christ!!

Agree? Yes No

My favorite food is oyster stew. I think that's shocking.
    Jamie

Agree? Yes No

Jonna, I bet that tape was interesting. Actually the first time I ever did acid, I had the overwhelming need to write down what I was feeling so that I would remember that feeling the next day. I was with some friends and made a HUGE production about writing it down on the inside of a matchbook. When I woke up the next day I immediately looked for that matchbook and opened it up. Inside was written . . . "I want." Somehow that sentence in its unfinished form seemed to say so much.
    Just to keep you from danger, I am the law.
    WXJL Tonight Radio - electronix: cross-genre, cross-generation.

Agree? Yes No

Strasser-----What does the H stand for?

And yes, 23 was the most that I have ever done at once. But like I said it was a twisted experiment for my writings. I have a very excessive personality and have to watch myself. I don't do any illegal drugs anymore; I stopped around the time that I got out of college. A friend and I tried to calculate how much acid I had ever did once and we narrowed it down to between 130 to 150 hits. That was my drug of choice (and ecstasy), but I have done almost everything else.

The experience was undescribable. I don't regret any of the 'times' I had, but my long term and short term memory is completely shot to hell now. Don't try this at home kids! I know people who have been institutionalized from taking one hit of acid.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

This anouncement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation

Agree? Yes No

Jonna,

It means Holy.

Agree? Yes No

You know, after many drug experiences I've come to realize that some of the things we think are so profound while high, are really not so profound when sober. I have often wondered what was so interesting, or even what I was talking about while drugged. I've tried to write my thoughts down when I was high, at the time I felt like I needed to get these severely important thoughts on paper. It's usually too difficult to keep up with my racing brain. But over 20 hits of LSD, I'm surprised you knew what a tape recorder was, or how to operate it. Heck I'm surprised you knew how to speak english. But I would've liked to hear that tape. LOL. Insane drug-induced babbling would make perfect sample material.

Agree? Yes No

Like anything else one builds up a tolerance, but even for me it was extreme. One does it to the point of saturation at times and that is probably what happened. Like when you drink so much that you 'feel' that you have drunk yourself sober when you know that there is no way for it to be possible.
    Rabbit season! Blamo!

Thread Information