Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: hear the new Empire State Human now (streaming link)

Agree? Yes No

Default hear the new Empire State Human now (streaming link)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/esh3

Go here and you can hear the first 2 minutes of each track from their new MCD "Liquid Blue"

My faves ;-) - Dollar in Blue Collar (Synthetic FM's best mix yet imho)
    Time/Travel (great club feel song)
    and a great new mix of "Film Star" (smoother and more dramatic)

Metropolis has it in stock here :http://www.industrial-music.com/prod...odnum=NW+22062

A Different Drum should have it this wekeend...

-Dave

TDOL

Agree? Yes No

Thanks for the link, Dave!

I liked 'Film Star' too! Reminded me of Kajagoogoo's 'Ooh to be Ah'

Kirk

Agree? Yes No

Ok... I'm going to go ahead and say it.

This single has done it.

This is the turning point.

I've now become a....

ESH fan. What can I say? This single is awesome! I'm still not totally sold on the vox, but otherwise.. count me amoung the ESH legions.
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

Hi,

Thanks for your input one and all and also for taking the time out to reply to this thread.
    We've worked hard on trying to improve the last year. We of course ARE SOLD on the vocals ;-) and feel it's 100% one of the ESH trade-marks to our sound now.

Watch out for the following ESH remixes/productions in the coming months straight out of our studio, Electric Eye .....

1. The ESH remix on the new Tristraum single 'Shiver'.
    2. The ESH remix of 'He's Got A Gun' for Macondo.
    3. The ESH remix of 'Say You'll Come' for Eight To Infinity.
    4. ESH version of Boytronic's ''Photographs''.
    5. ESH version of The Cult's ''The Witch''.

All of which will be among the best remixes/productions we've done so far....

Regards,
    Aidan, Lar & Sean
    ESH
    www.empirestatehuman.com

Agree? Yes No

ESH is definitely improving on their sound ... no doubt about it. It was indeed a pleasure to work on this release, it's really been a learning experience, and I find it's really helped me out alot.

If you liked "Dollar in Blue Collar" in it's remix form here, I really think you will like the version of the song (produced by Wave in Head) which is to be on "Urbanism". I've been fortunate enough to hear it in advance, and I can tell you that Wave in Head has really done an awesome job on the production!

I'm not done with ESH collaborations yet, either. I am working up a remix of the unreleased "Talking with Aliens" song, for the forthcoming ESH "Re:Model" CD, and hopefully this will push the bar even higher.

Agree? Yes No

I agree Synthpopalooza.. ESh has really come a long way. BTW, I love your remix.. it's probably the best one you've done of those I've heard from you!
    Nearly 700 of my reviews of various synthpop-related releases hosted by:
    www.synthpop.net

Agree? Yes No

I'm pleased you like it. Actually on the timeframe of things, I have done this one much later than the other two which you've reviewed recently (Plastic Org People and Spray) so I think I've kind of refined my sond with each one. Having Aidan as a sounding board on this one helped alot too.

I now almost wish I could go back to the older remixes I did and refine them, I've learned so much since then. (Like maybe ditching that annoying hi frequency hi hat sound, perhaps ... )

Agree? Yes No

Hi Bobby,

We're happy you could take on board the suggestions and work them into your production. Special thanks to Brian Hazard for suggestions to the 'Dollar' mix.

Aidan
    ESH

Thread Information