Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Electronic On CSI

Agree? Yes No

Default Electronic On CSI

Always the dorky trainspotter, I noticed an Electronic song, "Get The Message" I think, used in a montage sequence on tonights CSI. Sorry, had to share.
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Agree? Yes No

Heh, I got so giddy when it came on Greg getting to go out and do something makes me giddy enough, so Greg + Electronic = EXTRA giddy
    Nostalgia like a muthafugga in this piece.

Agree? Yes No

Oh hell yeah. I've never seen this show, but it's great that Electronic are getting played somewhere. ROCK!

-Mark's holy trinity: Electronic/PSB/Peter Gabriel
    www.djintrovert.com

Agree? Yes No

Yeah, in past episodes of CSI, I've heard "Emerge" by Fischerspooner & "Giving up the ghost" by DJ Shadow

//S
    \"Denver Optometrist Not Sure Why He Has Gay Cult Following\" (go see theonion.com)

Agree? Yes No

They used the extended mix, and re-edited the rest as an instrumental track for the episode. This was part 2 of the season premiere which included "Out of Control" (Chem Bros and Bernard Sumner) during a club scene the previous week. They also used "Crystal" to open the CSI season last year. Clearly, somebody over in the production company is a New Order fan. That said, they do ue a lot of great electronic / synthpop music in most episodes. I'd say this is the best mix of music and TV since Miami Vice was in the 80's....

X Esquire
    \"Hide Your Voice With The Sound Of The Crowd.....\"

Agree? Yes No

I've never been a fan of CSI, but now I might start watching that show...Just because of the music

Agree? Yes No

Always loved CSI and I was singing the song while the played it in the show this week. Since they were playing a version without the words I had my own little Karaoke thing going i the hotel room I was stuck in...that sounded very sad...I'm not sad, really. LOL

Paul

Agree? Yes No

The show definitely uses some great music. I did notice the Chemical Brothers track last week, that was cool. The show even played some Depeche on the episode that launched the "CSI: Miami" spin-off, it was the DJ Shadow remix of "Painkiller." Come to think of it, I think "CSI" plays more music than MTV.
    \"Who doesn\'t love \"Born Slippy\"?
    -Neil Tennant on
    http://petshopboys.co.uk

Listen To The Best Broadcasts On The Internet
    http://www.geocities.com/djdaftmonk/radioegn

Agree? Yes No

I remember they even played a bit of the song Breathe from Telepopmusik. That amazed me and it was before I had found out who did the song. I agree definitely some great songs are used on that show. Youare right...more music than MTV.

Paul

Agree? Yes No

Originally posted by PaulSynthpop
    more music than MTV.

Paul
    Hehe at least BETTER music than MTV

Agree? Yes No

This sounds great. I have never really watched CSI but I have heard it a good show too. I am a big fan of Law & Order so it is related to crime work, which I like a lot.
    M3L1B174

Thread Information