Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Thread: Iraq War

Agree? Yes No

Default Iraq War

Not sure if anyone is willing to talk about this, but personally, I have no idea how this is going and what will happen next. I mean, in the media it is ok, bad, or terrible going depending on who is speaking. How can someone figure out what is really happening? Does anyone think that US will ever fully leave and that country will somehow regain full control of itself?

Sorry, just felt like asking in case anyone has an opinion on this.
    Last edited by AMuse; November 29th, 2007 at 09:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

uhm.. yea we're screwed things will stay the same there for a long time to come me thinks
    no need to be sorry btw

Agree? Yes No

I am afraid that you are probably correct, unfortunately.

Conflicts like that are definitely something that the defense department uses to their benefit. All of the money being spent on new weapons and actually using them in war is what they do. The war machine certainly needed something to get it rolling after the cold war all but went away. Sad.

Blog Entries

Agree? Yes No

What is interesting about this whole affair is that somehow the cost of this war is still burning the pockets of the tax payers. So all of the forecasts regarding the use of the oil from over there to pay for the war and the reconstruction fell through completely.

I also do not believe that the US planners did not know in advance how the sectarian issues would play out. I think everyone knew this was going to go south from the get go and they went in there anyway to meet some other objectives.
    ...I sure hope this is the real deal.

Agree? Yes No

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
    What is interesting about this whole affair is that somehow the cost of this war is still burning the pockets of the tax payers. So all of the forecasts regarding the use of the oil from over there to pay for the war and the reconstruction fell through completely.

I also do not believe that the US planners did not know in advance how the sectarian issues would play out. I think everyone knew this was going to go south from the get go and they went in there anyway to meet some other objectives.
    I totally agree with that.

It is just not something you can assume that the analysis that went into this action just happen to miss the local political and religious aspects.

The whole sabre rattling with Iran scares me alot more than this though.

Agree? Yes No

The Iran crisis scares me too. It seems that our Fearless Leader is attempting to lead us into yet another false war based on false intelligence. But one must tread carefully when it comes to Iran. The potential mess as a result of this war, should it come about, will make Iraq look like a schoolyard brawl.

It also seems that there are certain sects of protestant Christianity which are hoping that this war comes about, so that it will bring about the End Times and the Second Coming. This is what I find scary ... these people who are willing to risk our world and our safety on a scriptural prophecy. It's like some of these people believe so much in the Second Coming that they are actually trying to take actions to bring it about.

I only pray that cooler heads prevail in this world.

Agree? Yes No

Default Maybe so

@Synthpopalooza

I never thought of it quite in that way, but it could be true. The current leadership certainly does not dispute it religious affiliation and the influence that that has on the decisions being made.

Agree? Yes No

One thing is for sure. The whole thing is a great way to field test all those new missiles and gadgets.

Agree? Yes No

I am not really ready to talk about this, maybe if I get to know some of you better.
    Sorry,

Thread Information