Site Search   TV Channel 1  Add this Player to my Google page. Add this Player to your MySpace page or personal website.
 Videos   Songs   Blogs   Forums   Podcast 

Software Engineering & Development

1. Nautilus
    Nautilus
    Hello.

If you are a developer or architect or whatever in this field and would like to talk software please join up.

My background has mostly been within the Java/J2EE space with various application servers, DB's, open source frameworks, SOAP/WSDL, XML processing, you name it. Much more than that too.

So if this sounds like it is of interest to you fire away .
  2. Dusty Chalk
    Dusty Chalk
    Sure, I'll join.

My background is in both unix (& linux) and Windows; languages: C, C++, Java, C#, with lots of database/SQL and HTML/Perl/cgi. I do mostly backend support, rather than GUI stuff.
  3. Nautilus
    Nautilus
    That sounds good. I mostly work with Java. I have worked for years with C and C++ but had not gotten into C#. I had worked with Objective C for a while too which is sort of like small talk. What industry do you work in, and what types of apps?
  4. Dusty Chalk
    Dusty Chalk
    Mostly contracter type work indirectly for the government. Custom apps.

C# is somewhere between Java and C++ -- if you've done both Java and C++, you would require only minimum spin-up time.
  5. Nautilus
    Nautilus
    So with C# I am assuming that it is within the MS standard development realm like say, Visual Studio or something similar? You have a MS IDE/4GL tools where you write the source and then deploy what ends up being COM/DCOM or dlls. Then these are packaged into .msi's or similar product blocks? And all of this through wizards or other integrated tool clicks

Can you describe the C# development environment?
  6. Syythe
    Syythe
    Cool I've always wanted to learn how to program
  7. localhost8080
    localhost8080
    hi,, my background is mainly in hardware, but software wise ive been doing php and mysql for about 6 years, linux stuff for about 10 and windows stuff since the days of DOS 5, ive meddled with c++ Java delphi and others
  8. Syythe
    Syythe
    wow. the only thing i understoood was c++

ELECTROGARDEN | ARTIST NETWORK | TRACKS | MORE TRACKS | ARTISTS | MORE ARTISTS
NEWS | LIFE IS MUSIC | MAINSTREAM ARTICLES | ARTICLES | REVIEWS | FORUM | ARCHIVE | STORE | CONTACT | TERMS OF USE
THE ELECTROGARDEN NETWORK is a Trademark of ELECTROGARDEN.COM.
Copyright © 1999-2018 ELECTROGARDEN.COM, all rights reserved
Subscribers to Electrogarden Network Forums Feed Tweet this page! TWEET