PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph anyone?

CaseInPoint
April 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Thought that this was worth posting. Looks like the ol' poly is not just for the FBI anymore. This "technology" is now emerging for employers and even as hand held units for soldiers and police. So like now when you get stopped and say "I did not see that I was going 90" the cop will say "Ok by me just strap on this electrode and reapeat please" If you are not lying no ticket and if you are you are getting arrested for obstruction of justice.

Well maybe not that bad but just a thought...... :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24159958/

Red and Shiny
April 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Nice. :| thanks for the heads up for my next interview.

CaseInPoint
April 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I am waiting for the first case of this in public, like at a job interview ot in a police station or whatever. :)

seraphim
April 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Well there is that game show that's based all around being hooked up to a polygraph. What's interesting though is that as far as I know (or remember that is), the polygraph test doesn't even stand up in a court of law anymore...

Nautilus
April 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
That is also how I remember it, but still if this starts getting used more frequently then you don't need a court to have an employer or someone at a bank or loan center say that you have been denied due to negative results of this testing.

They are always trying to find ways to manage risk and I can actually see some of these commercial ventures using this for that purpose.

seraphim
April 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Meh. Personally I'm not too worried about. Seriously, the only people who need to worry about such things are those who have things to hide or have done something wrong anyway.

Trentreant
April 21st, 2008, 10:57 AM
I doubt this will ever see mass use even if the technology is made available for that purpose. People don't like that sort of scrutiny and will shy away from anyone or anywhere that this is taking place so I would not worry too much about it.

MiscGenius
April 22nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
yea no fear